Informix Error Messages and Error Codes From Error 9841 to 9845
Informix Error Code -9841 Operator class for key part not specified or invalid.
The operator class specified in one or more of the key parts is invalid. Probable causes for this error include:
* You might be using an operator class for a different access method
than the one with which you are creating the index.
* If the access method that you use does not have a default
operator class associated with it, you must explicitly specify the operator class for each key part.
* Data type of the key column and that of the operator class do not
match, where strategy function signatures are specified for the operator class.
Informix Error Code -9842 Specification of ASC/DESC only applicable to btree.
You cannot specify ASC or DESC in the key part if you are using an access method other than btree.
Informix Error Code -9843 Invalid number of arguments for functional key.
A functional key part can only take between 1 and 16 arguments.
Informix Error Code -9844 Invalid function function_name used in a functional key.
The function used in a CREATE INDEX statement cannot be used as a functional key part. Make sure that the function you use is not a variant function.
Informix Error Code -9845 Access method access_method_name does not exist in database.
The access method used in a CREATE INDEX or CREATE OPCLASS statement does not exist. Before you can use an access method, you must create it with a CREATE ACCESS_METHOD statement. For a list of available access methods, see informix.sysams.
Above are list of Informix Error Messages and Errors Codes or Status Codes or Exit Codes along with Error and Warning messages received while performing certain operation against Informix applications or related products.
What are Informix Error Messages?
All Informix messages returned by the Informix server are assigned an error code.
In general, each Informix error contains the following information:
• The Informix Error Code or Informix Error status
• The message text. This text is usually returned with the Error code. Some messages employ word substitution, where the word substituted represents the system-replacement of a term more specific to the occurrence.
• An explanation of how the error may have occurred.
Hope this was helpful.
Information about Informix Error Codes or Status Codes or Exit Codes and Error Messages on Windows, Linux Operating Systems.