Informix Error Messages and Error Codes From Error 55276 to 55352
Informix Error Code -55276 connect( ) to host ‘host-name’ using service ‘service-name’ failed.
The possible causes of this error are as follows:
The onprobe server is not running on the specified host.
The onprobe server on the specified host uses a service other than specified.
Service-name resolution follows this precedence:
1. NIS services map when NIS (Network Information Service) is running.
2. File /etc/services on the local computer. If onprobe and oncockpit run on different computers, check whether the port number assigned to the specified service in /etc/services files on these computers matches.
The specified TCP/IP address is not available on this computer. Check whether ‘ping’ and ‘rlogin’ commands can access the specified host. The ‘ping’ command checks the ICMP network layer. The ‘rlogin’ command checks the TCP network layer and specified host (but not specified service) availability.
Connection establishment timed out without establishing a connection. The connection requests queue of the onprobe server might be full. The maximum queue length is 5.
Unavailable system buffer space.
Informix Error Code -55352 Unable to open display ‘display-name’.
If the DISPLAY environment variable is undefined (for instance, after executing the ‘rlogin’ or ‘su’ command), define it.
If the X server access control facility is activated for this DISPLAY, you might need to run the ‘xhost +’ command to allow connection to the X server. You have to run the ‘xhost +’ command from the local computer (as the DISPLAY environment variable specifies).
Above are list of Informix Error Messages and Errors Codes or Status Codes or Exit Codes along with Error and Warning messages received while performing certain operation against Informix applications or related products.
What are Informix Error Messages?
All Informix messages returned by the Informix server are assigned an error code.
In general, each Informix error contains the following information:
• The Informix Error Code or Informix Error status
• The message text. This text is usually returned with the Error code. Some messages employ word substitution, where the word substituted represents the system-replacement of a term more specific to the occurrence.
• An explanation of how the error may have occurred.
Hope this was helpful.
Information about Informix Error Codes or Status Codes or Exit Codes and Error Messages on Windows, Linux Operating Systems.