Informix Error Messages and Error Codes From Error 55252 to 55274
Informix Error Code -55252 bind( ) using service ‘service-name’ failed.
Service-name resolution follows this precedence:
1. NIS services map when NIS (Network Information Service) is running.
2. File /etc/services on the local computer.
The possible causes of this error are as follows:
The specified TCP address is already in use.
The port number intended for use by the onprobe server must be unique. Use the ‘netstat -a’ command to verify that other applications (including an already running onprobe) are not using the specified service (port number).
Or, if you terminated the onprobe server while an oncockpit client was connected, you might have to wait several minutes before the TCP address is released.
The port number that is defined for this service is in the system reserved range (0 to 1023).
System buffer space is unavailable.
Informix Error Code -55274 Could not translate host name ‘host-name’, gethostbyname( ) failed.
Host-name resolution follows this precedence:
1. The /etc/hosts file on the local computer
2. NIS hosts map when NIS (Network Information Service) is running
Check whether the ‘ypcat hosts’ command returns the specified host.
3. DNS data when DNS (Domain Name Server) is running
Check whether the ‘ping’ and ‘rlogin’ commands can access the specified host.
Above are list of Informix Error Messages and Errors Codes or Status Codes or Exit Codes along with Error and Warning messages received while performing certain operation against Informix applications or related products.
What are Informix Error Messages?
All Informix messages returned by the Informix server are assigned an error code.
In general, each Informix error contains the following information:
• The Informix Error Code or Informix Error status
• The message text. This text is usually returned with the Error code. Some messages employ word substitution, where the word substituted represents the system-replacement of a term more specific to the occurrence.
• An explanation of how the error may have occurred.
Hope this was helpful.
Information about Informix Error Codes or Status Codes or Exit Codes and Error Messages on Windows, Linux Operating Systems.