Informix Error Messages and Error Codes From Error 136 to 137
Informix Error Code -136 ISAM error: no more extents.
The database server needs to add an extent to a table but cannot do so. Either not enough disk space is available in the dbspace, or the table has been given the maximum number of extents that is allowed. The database server administrator can determine the cause as follows:
1. Determine the tblspace number for the table. It is the value in the partnum column of the systables table for this table.
2. Convert the tblspace number to hexadecimal and extract its most-significant 2 digits (the high-order byte). This chunk number indicates where the table resides.
3. Use the tbstat or onstat utility -t option to find out disk usage for this table. Note particularly the values reported for npages (disk pages available), nused (disk pages used), and nextns (number of extents).
If nused is less than npages, and nextns is large (over 200), the table has too many extents. The upper limit of extents per table is between 200 and 50. The limit varies with the table definition and the disk-page size in use. Reallocate the table using fewer, larger extents. Unload the table data to a flat file. Drop the table. Re-create the table, specifying a first-extent size sufficient to hold all its current data and a next-extent size between one-fourth and one-sixteenth its current size. Then reload the data into the table.
If nextns is small or the difference between npages and nused is less than the size of the next-extent size for the table, not enough disk space is available in the dbspace where the table resides. Use the chunk number from step 2 and the ON-Monitor or ON-Monitor Chunks display to determine the dbspace, then add a new chunk to that dbspace.
Informix Error Code -137 ISAM error: chunk table overflow.
The database system administrator sees this error message. The database server is configured to handle a certain number of disk chunks. The limit has been reached, so a chunk could not be added. Increase the CHUNKS parameter of the TBCONFIG or ONCONFIG file, and initialize shared memory.
Informix Error Code -138 ISAM error: dbspace table overflow.
The database server administrator sees this error message. The database server is configured to handle a certain number of dbspaces. The limit has been reached, so a dbspace could not be added. Increase the DBSPACES parameter of the TBCONFIG or ONCONFIG file, and initialize shared memory.
Informix Error Code -139 ISAM error: logfile table overflow.
The database server administrator sees this error. The database server is configured to handle a certain number of logical logs. The limit has been reached, so a log could not be added. Increase the LOGSMAX parameter of the TBCONFIG or ONCONFIG file and initialize shared memory.
Informix Error Code -140 ISAM error: global section disallowing access.
This error occurs only in the VMS operating system. An internal error has occurred while initializing shared memory. If the error recurs, please note all circumstances and contact Informix Technical Support.
Above are list of Informix Error Messages and Errors Codes or Status Codes or Exit Codes along with Error and Warning messages received while performing certain operation against Informix applications or related products.
What are Informix Error Messages?
All Informix messages returned by the Informix server are assigned an error code.
In general, each Informix error contains the following information:
• The Informix Error Code or Informix Error status
• The message text. This text is usually returned with the Error code. Some messages employ word substitution, where the word substituted represents the system-replacement of a term more specific to the occurrence.
• An explanation of how the error may have occurred.
Hope this was helpful.
Information about Informix Error Codes or Status Codes or Exit Codes and Error Messages on Windows, Linux Operating Systems.