Error while Editing the backup maintenance plan in SQL Server 2005
Recently while I was trying to edit a maintenance plan, when trying to edit the backup task using Management Studio resulted in an error. Below is the error message
TITLE: Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
Cannot show the editor for this task.
Value of ’27/6/2014 12:00:00 AM’ is not valid for ‘Value’. ‘Value’ should be between ‘MinDate’ and ‘MaxDate’.
After some research, found that this has impacted other users as well and a connect bug Link has been filed for the same.
There was no fix released for this, but there is a work around available which resolved the issue and then I was able to edit the backup task in the maintenance plan.
Below is the work around
1. Modify Maintenance Plan.
2. Click On the backup task.
3. Click F4 button on the keyboard and you will find the properties window to the right corner of the SSMS.
4. Change the value in “expiredate” by adding 10 years or Clear out the value in “expiredate”
5. Save the maintenance plan.
6. Reopen the maintenance plan and now you should be able to edit the backup task.